ZZig-zag Inc., (hereinafter referred to as "Zig-zag") establishes this personal information protection policy as follows and shall comply with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the Personal Information Protection Act and other relevant laws and regulations as concerns the acquisition and use of personal information pertaining to the "WorldShopping.global" service operated by Zig-zag as well as other services we provide (hereinafter referred to as the “Services.”)
Article 1 Definition of Customer Information
"Customer information" in this Policy means personal information (refers to "Personal Information" as defined by Article 2 paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act, hereinafter the same), information provided by customers, customers' communication service activity history, and other information generated by or stored in customers' information devices, as well as information concerning customers that is acquired in accordance with the provision of partner services from partner companies (hereinafter referred to as "Partners") that is collected by Zig-zag in accordance with this Policy.
Article 2 Customer Information Collected Per the Service
Zig-zag shall acquire customer information including personal information in the provision of Services as set forth below. Customer information includes the following information. Provision of Services is subject to acquisition of customer information. If a customer does not provide all or part of customer information, such customer may not use Services.
- (1) Information provided by the customer
- a) Basic information: the customer's (including the addressee specified by the customer) name (corporate name), date of birth, gender, zip code, address (location), phone number and email address, name and email address of a guardian of a customer under the age of 16
- b) Other information: bank account information, credit card information, and other information related to payment
- c) Identifying matters: driver's license information, passport information, health insurance card information, and other information besides basic information required to confirm the customer's identity based on the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds
- (2) Information gathered by Zig-zag
- a) Device information
Zig-zag may gather information specific to the device used by the customer (information that individually identifies the device such as the device's ID number, etc.)
- b) Logs and activity history
Zig-zag may gather the customer's purchase history, product browsing history, the IP address automatically generated and saved when using the Service, the date and time of customer requests, and information on the customer’s operation history on the Zig-zag website.
- c) Cookies, etc.
Zig-zag may use “Cookies” and similar technologies such as IDFA, Advertising ID, location information technology and sensor information in Services.
- d) Information related to partner services
Zig-zag may acquire information on contracts between its Partners and customers, type of such partner services, effective date, charge and payment, data collected through the partner services, information which customers send or receive through each partner service, history of use, etc., customers’ Facebook IDs, information on coupons or points, information acquired through questionnaires or monitoring surveys, other information acquired through provision of partner services (including application history, requests, inquiries).
Article 3 Consent
- A customer is deemed to have agreed to the Policy by using Services. Although the customer may withdraw the consent by contacting Zig-zag at any time, such consent will not make illegal the use of the customer information by Zig-zag before the withdrawal.
- A customer under the age of 16 requires the consent or its guardian or other legal representatives. Please do not use Services without the consent of such legal representative.
- A customer who does not agree to provide all or part of the customer information may not use all or part of Services.
Article 4 Purpose of Use
- Zig-zag shall not use the customer information acquired through the use of Services for any reason beyond the scope of the purpose of use without the consent of the customer in question. Customer information acquired by Zig-zag shall be properly handled in accordance with the purpose of use defined below within the extent of such purposes.
Purpose of Use
Service operation, provision, maintenance, and improvement
- ・To identify the customer and prevent unauthorized use of the service
- ・To execute purchase agreements
- ・To deliver goods
- ・To process payments for the price of goods
- ・To carry out business lawfully as a mail receipt service provider (a so-called private post office box) per the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds
Basic information: name, date of birth, gender, zip code, address, telephone number, email address
Other information: bank account information, credit card information, other payment information
Identifying matters: driver's license information, passport information, and other information required to confirm the customer's identity based on the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds
Purpose of Use
Notification and response to customers
- ・To provide guidance regarding Services and respond to inquiries
- ・To notify of and provide new services related to the Services
- To handle trouble or lawsuit
Basic information: zip code, address, telephone number, email address
Other information:Account information, credit card information, other information on payment
Driver license information, passport information, other information necessary for confirming personal identification matters under the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds
Logs and activity history
Information on partner services
Purpose of Use
Provision to third parties
Zig-zag provides the information listed on the right to third-party delivery companies for the purpose described below.
- ・Provide information to the carrier for the purpose of product delivery and contact related to product delivery
Basic information: name, zip code, address, phone number, email address
Purpose of Use
Provision to third parties
Zig-zag provides the information listed on the right to an operating company and advertisement distribution company of partner services. The operating company and advertisement distribution company that receive such information shall use it for the following purposes.
- To provide partner services
- To display advertisement information tailored to the customer's needs, interests, and concerns
- For analysis of advertising effectiveness
- For market analysis and marketing
Logs and activity history
Information related to partner services
Purpose of Use
Creation of statistical data and provision of said data to third parties
Zig-zag will use the information listed on the right for the following purpose.
- ・To create processed statistical data in a form that cannot identify individuals (hereinafter simply referred to as "statistical data") through the analysis of the data to the right
Zig-zag and the third parties that receive the statistical data regarding the information to the right shall use such information for the following purposes.
- ・To display advertisement information tailored to the customer's needs, interests, and concerns
- ・To analyze advertising effectiveness
- ・For market analysis and marketing
Basic information:Name, date of birth, gender, zip code, address, telephone number, email address
Logs and activity history
Information related to partner services
- Upon obtaining the customer's consent in advance, Zig-zag, Partners, and third parties shall provide one another with customer information including personal information within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use prescribed in the table above.
- Unless permitted by laws and regulations, Zig-zag never uses customer information for automated decision-making.
Article 5 Changes to the Purpose of Use
Zig-zag may make changes to the purpose of use to the extent reasonably allowed and proportionate to the purpose of use before the change. If such change occurs, Zig-zag will notify customers of change of the purpose of use and information on such change by a method separately determined by us.
Article 6 Acquisition of Customer Information
- Zig-zag shall appropriately acquire customer information without using deception or other wrongful means.
- In the event Zig-zag acquires customer information by a method other than through the use of the Service, we will notify that customer in advance of the purpose of use and information required to be provided to the customer pursuant to laws and regulations or rules.
Article 7 Security Management
- Zig-zag shall take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent disclosure, loss, or damage of customer information as well as other security management measures.
- If Zig-zag outsources all or part of the handling of customer information to a third party, along with entering into a confidentiality agreement with the third party that conforms to this Policy, Zig-zag shall carry out the necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure the third party successfully manages the security of the customer information. Zig-zag will notify all the customers of important information which needs to be notified to all the customers by a method determined by us.
Article 8 Joint Use
Zig-zag may jointly use customers' personal information with their Partners to the extent necessary to provide partner services. In this case, Zig-zag shall publically announce the Partner's name, the purpose of joint use, and the type of information being used.
Article 9 Information Collection Module
- (1) Google Analytics by Google;
- (2) Crittercism by Crittercism, Inc.;
- (3) Flurry by Flurry Inc.;
- (4) PartyTrack by Adways Inc.;
- (5) Facebook SDK by Facebook, Inc.;
- (6) Crashlytics by Crashlytics, Inc, or twitter Inc.
Article 10 External Services and Links
- Zig-zag may provide services in cooperation with external services such as Facebook or Twitter (hereinafter referred to as "External Services"). If a customer wishes to use the Services in cooperation with External Services, Zig-zag may provide the providers of such External Services with such customer's information as address, date of birth, gender, zip code, location, phone number, email address and other information necessary for achieving the purposes in Article 3.
- The customer may request Zig-zag to cease to provide the customer information to External Services. Please contact our customer service center.
Article 11 Disclosure and Sharing of Customer Information
- Zig-zag shall not disclose to nor share with third parties personal information from customer information except in the case of disclosure allowed per the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations. Provided, however, the following case are exceptions.
- (1) If Zig-zag outsources all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- (2) If depositing the personal information of a customer using the Service to a settlement system company, credit card company, of bank in order to charge a usage fee to that customer
- (3) In accordance with the provisions of the preceding two Articles, if providing personal information to the provider of an information collection module or External Service
- (4) When a customer has acted in such a manner when using the Services to harm another person or that is detrimental to public order and morals or attempts to act in such a manner and Zig-zag takes necessary measures against those actions
- (5) In the case of urgent necessity due to imminent danger to human life, property, etc.
- (6) If providing personal information in accordance with the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
- (7) If required to disclose to a court, the police, or other public institution based on the law and regulations
- Zig-zag may transfer the customer information to any third countries or international institutions other than the country or international institution which the European Commission deems that ensure protection of personal data at an appropriate level. In such case, Zig-zag shall take such measures as required by laws and regulations including appropriate safeguard measures, and obtain explicit consent of customers after providing them with the information on risks associated with transfer.
Article 12 Targeted Advertising
- In order to implement targeted advertising (refers to the delivery of advertising tailored to the customer's needs, interests, and concerns) Zig-zag shall use information collection modules to collect the following information when providing the Services or partner services and shall accumulate or use such information.
- (1) Provision of service:
・Improving convenience of service for customers;・Providing customers with contents deemed beneficial,
- (2) Advertising and marketing:
・Distributing advertisements appropriate for each customer;
・Using as statistical data.li>
- Zig-zag may use the following identifiers:
- (1) IDFA
- (2) Advertising ID
This is an identifier issued by Google LLC to identify a device for targeted advertising. Advertising ID identifies a customer’s device while it does not identify an individual customer. Setting of targeted advertising based on Advertising ID can be changed on a device however, use of part or all of Services may also be restricted (for more information, please see Google LLC’s website).
- (3) Cookie
Cookies are an industry standard technology that allows the web server to identify the customer's computer. Cookies can identify the customer's computer, but cannot identify the customer personally. Cookies can be disabled by changing the settings on the electronic device being used to access the Service, but doing so may make some parts or all of the Service unavailable.
- Zig-zag shall retain activity history information collected from customers only for the period legal and necessary for legitimate business purposes.
- When providing activity information to Ad Companies, Zig-zag shall strive to take the following measures in order to ensure security management as well as the prevention of disclosure, loss, or damage of such information.
- (1) Do not make the mechanism used to encrypt activity history public
- (2) Provide activity history to Ad Companies with its use being limited only within the scope of the purpose of use prescribed in clause 2 as a condition
- (3) If an Ad Company provides activity information to another third party, that Ad Company shall be obligated to provide such information to the third party under the same condition as the previous line
Article 13 Disclosure, Correction, etc. of Customer Information
- Regarding personal information provided by the customer, if the customer wishes to make a request in writing for said information to be disclosed, corrected, added to, deleted or to limit its handling, or exercises its right to make objections or data portability right, they should send the request by mail along with necessary identification (in the case of a request by an agent, confirm the agent's position).
- Zig-zag will disclose customer information within reasonable perimeters within a month from the request in principle once the customer’s identification has been verified when making a request per the preceding paragraph. Provided, however, this shall not apply if disclosing information without assuming the obligation of disclosure due to the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations, if the same request is repeated without justifiable reason or any other circumstances equivalent thereto. If Zig-zag cannot make disclosure, etc., it will notify the customer of that effect.
- If the customer information retained by Zig-zag is not accurate, the customer may request correction, addition or deletion of the customer information by mailing an application form with documents necessary for identification (in case of application by a proxy, confirmation of a duly authorized proxy).
- If the request under the preceding paragraph is made and the identification is confirmed, Zig-zag conducts investigation to a reasonable extent without delay and corrects, adds or deletes the customer information based on the result of the investigation within a month from the request in principle. Provided, however, this shall not apply if Zig-zag does not assume such obligations under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations, if the same request is repeated without justifiable reason or any other circumstances equivalent thereto.
- If Zig-zag is requested by a customer to suspend the use of, to restrict handling of or delete the customer information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act, other laws and regulations or provisions (hereinafter “Suspension of Use, etc.”) because the customer information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use notified in advance, or is acquired by fraud or other fraudulent means, and such request is proved to have its ground, Zig-zag carries out Suspension of Use, etc. of the personal information without delay and notifies such person of that effect after confirming that such request is made by the person to whom such customer information belongs. Provided, however, this shall not apply if Zig-zag does not assume obligations of Suspension of Use, etc. under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations. If Zig-zag cannot carry out Suspension of Use, etc., it shall notify the customer of that effect.
- Customers have the right to make a complaint on the use of their customer information by Zig-zag to supervisory authorities.
- If Zig-zag removes the restrictions on handling of personal information, it shall notify the person who owns such personal information of that effect in advance.
Article 14 Retention of Customer Information
Zig-zag will not retain customer information for the purpose of use not provided in the Policy or if such information is no longer necessary for the purpose of use. The customer information will be destroyed if the retention period prescribed by Zig-zag has passed unless Zig-zag is required to retain such customer information pursuant to laws or regulations.
Article 15 Organization and System
Zig-zag shall properly manage customer information and implement continuous improvement with the President and Representative Director
Article 16 Exemptions from Responsibility
Zig-zag assumes no responsibility in the following cases.
- (1) If the customer him/herself reveals his/her information to a third party using the features of the Service or through other methods
- (2) If the information entered by the customer him/herself in the Service leads to that customer being identified individually
Article 17 Changes to this Policy
Zig-zag will review the operational status concerning the handling of customer information as appropriate and strive for continuous improvement, and may change this Policy without receiving prior consent from the customer if necessary. Changes to this Policy shall come into effect immediately after being publicly announced on our website except when separately determined by Zig-zag. Provided, however, when making changes that require customer consent per the law and regulations, we shall obtain the customer's consent in a manner determined by Zig-zag.
Article 18 Additional Note
The services provided by Zig-zag may include links to services other than those managed by us. Zig-zag assumes no responsibility for the content or protection of customer information in these External Services.
Article 19 Inquiries
Please contact us via the email address below with any comments, questions, or concerns regarding Zig-zag's handling of customer information or any other matters pertaining to the handling of customer information.
Hatchery Shibuya 3F, 14-1, Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0031
Customer Service Center
(Please note that although email inquiries are accepted 24 hours a day, your response may be delayed depending on the time it is received.)